Saturday, August 30, 2008

The last night in America-freedom-yeah


In nine hours I will be embarking for my journey to Wuchang, Wuhan, Hubei province in China. I will be attending Huazhong Normal University to take Chinese language classes and possibly one culture class taught in English. Until then I will continue to remember things to pack and weigh my suitcase (only a 50 lb limit). This evening the family and I ate Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner and wrote prayers on Shou Gui paper. We're still not clear as to what it's for but my mom says you are suppose to write your own prayer on it and burn them. Tony is lighting the prayers in our fireplace in the picture.
More later. Zai jian.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Good luck! I'll be reading your blog. I work with a guy from China. He has offered to be my guide for a tour of China, some day I want to take him up on it.

-Uncle Mike

m.chakrabarti said...

i'm sorry i didn't get to see you before china. i love you. it will be amazing.

Unknown said...

Enjoy your trip!

ashton said...

AI LI NA!!!! AHHH NI HAO MA???

WO HEN XIANG NI....WUHAN ZENMEYANG?

ps I TEXT MESSAGED YOU